Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationRail · 4 weeks ago

I am going on Thameslink Railway for the first time tomorrow and im scared?

CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE. ANYBODY IN THE UK WHO HAS BEEN THAMESLINK RAILWAY WHAT IS IT LIKE?

is it always delayed or nice trains .

i am 14 and going on it on my own IM SO SCARED

Update:

PLSSSSSS

Update 2:

SOMEBODY TELL ME IM GOJNG ON THAMESLIJNK IEMAW

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

It’s just a scheduled train service, no different to any other.

Buy your ticket, board the (nice clean and modern) train, and sit where you like. A very small section of one carriage is often marked “First Class” and you should not sit or stand in that section without a First Class ticket.

Weekdays at rush hours Thameslink can be crowded and busy. Weekends it’s usually not but can be subject to delays and cancellations due to planned engineering works, but they’re always listed on the Thameslink website so that you can plan ahead to either avoid them or to deal with them by allowing extra time for things like bus replacement services on closed sections of the line.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

There’s nothing to worry about. Depending on where you’re going, it might be really busy where it’s impossible to find a seat or it might have very few people where you can take up several seats and go to sleep. 

When I was in London, it was really busy in the morning going to the airport. People were just sitting or standing on whatever empty space they can find.

• George
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

No difference from a bus ride or a taxi ride. Sit back and enjoy the new sounds. It's safer than going by road too.

• 4 weeks ago

i wouldnt worry about it, it might even be fun

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.