Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 4 weeks ago

How to treat a UTI without antibiotics?

I used a cheap bath bomb last week and I got a UTI, so far it's super painful and annoying ugh. I can't really afford to go to the doctors right now to get antibiotics, plus anti-biotic-resistance is already something my family struggles with. Any advice on how to treat it? 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Antibiotics are about the only thing that will cure a UTI, which is a bacterial infection in your urinary tract. You can TREAT a UTI by drinking a lot of water and cranberry juice, but they won't CURE a UTI. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 weeks ago

To treat a UTI without antibiotics, people can try the following home remedies:

Stay hydrated. Share on Pinterest Drinking water regularly may help to treat a UTI.

1. Urinate when the need arises. 

2. Drink cranberry juice. 

3. Use probiotics. 

4. Get enough vitamin C. 

5. Wipe from front to back. 

6. Practice good sexual hygiene.

• MissA
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Your family does not struggle with antibiotic resistance.

• k w
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

cranberry pill worked for me, back when I was drinking sodas....health food store.....or amazon....if it's real serious liposomal C only the sunflower kind, that works like antibiotics but isn't.....

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • :)
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

Stop taking bubble baths at all. If you’re going to do that, wear a bath suit bottom. I’m surprised girls still don’t know better. Baths are FILTHY

I wouldn’t advise not getting antibiotics. You have microorganisms inside your urinary tract. I would definitely get medicine. But if you insist, acidic liquids like cranberry juice, and drinking a lot of water (more than you normally drink) night do the trick.

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Cranberry juice/tablets.

• 4 weeks ago

I get these quite frequently, and I think from my experience its safe to say that the only thing besides antibiotics that works is drinking a TON and I mean a ton of water. Even if you feel better after like 2 days keep on drinking because it will come back. The only other thing ive found that helps besides this is antibiotics, and if people tell you cranberry juice will help, it probably won't

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.