Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 3 weeks ago

How should you handle this?

Your coworker, Mary, asks if you’re interested in joining a Super Bowl squares pool, and if so, give $5 to Jane. Jane is someone you never interact with and you’re not sure she even likes you. Should you wait and see if Jane invites you herself, since she’s the one running it, or should you just give her the money and say Mary invited you.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

I personally would do nothing as I don't do anything for the Superbowl, but if you're interested you should ask Jane if she's the one you give money to for the party, as Mary invited you.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

i would give the money to jane

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Say something along the line of "I'm here to get in on the Super bowl pool.  Here's my five dollars."  It's not rocket science.

• 3 weeks ago

you don't wait for an invite from Jane--you put your money in an envelope with your name...tell her that Mary told you about the pool and that you are in.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

1st I would check to see if gambling is allowed at your place of employment before you participate. 

• Jerry
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

"Hey Jane, Mary told me you're running a Superbowl betting pool?" 

• 3 weeks ago

I would do as instructed by Mary if I was interested in participating. If not interested, I would do nothing. Whether or not Jane likes me or not is inconsequential to participating in the super bowl pool. If the Super Bowl pool was a party, then you might want to confirm you are welcome first, but that isn't the case here.

• 3 weeks ago

i would give the money to jane since its her superbowl

• 3 weeks ago

I would politely say,   Mary, said you are running the Superbowl  pool, and to speak to you  if I want in. How does it work? 

and leave it at that.   She'll either happily and take your money, or make some lame excuse that the pool is full...........

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.