Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 3 weeks ago

Can an android phone be linked to a laptop if there is no internet connection?

Can you explain.

I want to put my documents onto my old lap top so I can print them, I also want to compose documents and then use the data connection on my phone as there is no internet connected to the laptop.

Basically just want to store and type windows docs.

Does the laptop need to be connected to the internet or WiFi to do these things

• David

Of course. Just use the USB charging cable that all android phones have. A new icon will pop up on the android phone. Pull down the notification, click it to open options. You can use the phone to tether or use it to transfer files...whatever...

Yes to your questions. The majority of Android phones can be used as storage devices on a PC, similar to how you use a flash drive. You just plug in your phone to your PC via the appropriate USB cable, allow the PC access to the phone's storage, and it should show up in your PC's file explorer. You can copy files to and from the phone.

You can also share your phone's mobile Internet connection with a PC via Bluetooth, USB, or Wi-Fi. You can enable this feature within the phone's network settings. Just make sure you check to see if your current plan supports tethering and how much data you get. Some carriers may not include tethering with certain plans.

• Bill-M

Yes.   Blue Tooth, or by cable.

Yes, use a usb (data) cable.