Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 4 weeks ago

Should I worry about my daughter and son having their significant others over my house while I’m on vacation ?

They are 22 and 23 years old both in college but staying at home while they attend college. My daughter has a boyfriend and my son has a girlfriend. I’ve been putting a vacation on hold until they move out because I don’t trust them in the house by themselves. They’ll probably be having sex all in my house. I told my daughter if I ever found out she allowed her boyfriend to stay at my house for a week I would kick her out no questions same with our son and his girlfriend. My wife has been badgering me about going on a romantic vacation just us too for a while. She wants to go to Bali for a week but I’m paranoid about leaving those two at our home by themselves for the reasons listed above. My wife was like “ stop worrying about them and let’s just go.theyre going to have sex anyways and it would be best if they had sex while we weren’t there to hear or witness it.”... my wife is weirdly easy going and laid back about this but there’s no way I want them having sex in my home. Any advice. 

They can have sex in the car but not in my home it’s disrespectful. I would’ve never had sex in my parents home when I was their age. 

Trolling, trolling, trolling.

Tell them to stay somewhere else for a week.  Are the grandparents still living...they could stay with them for a week...or with a friend or their SO.

Get over it  .

I think you are too uptight 

• Orla C

Why don't you just TELL them you don't want them having sex in your house while you're gone? And that you have hidden cameras in all kinds of places so you'll see what's going on?

How would you feel if they were out having sex in a car and someone came upon them and hurt or killed 1 or both of them? Would you be saying well at least they weren't in my house messing it up. Did you not have sex with your wife before you married her? Would you allow it if they were married? Maybe they should just go ahead and get married, you be okay with that?

Teenage girls make up the most goofy questions

• Dr. Stephanie
      3 weeks agoReport

how do you know this is from a teen girl?

• David

Your wife is correct. They are going to have sex anyway. There is no point in worrying about something that you have ZERO control over.

• Foofa

Unless you raised these kids to be seriously religious they're already having sex with their partners, have already had sex in your home on numerous occasions and will continue to have sex once they move out. But by all means kick them both out so they can go have sex in peace and on their own terms. These are adults, Dad. Geez.

My advice:  Cut the cord.  Your obviously one of those helicopter parents that cant accept that their kids are adults and have their own lives.  Your seriously worried about them having sex?  Who cares, they seem like solid kids in college ETC.  Why are you making an issue of sex?  They aren't 15 anymore, accept it and allow your relationship with your children to evolve as it should as they move forward in life.  SMH, I don't get parents like you..in fact, if I had a parent like you I would slowly cut you out of my life.  Because your overbearingness and controlling behavior is toxic.  I feel bad for your children and their potential SO's.