promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 2 months ago

Why Americans never take advantage that they can enter any country visa-free?

Update:

I never see Americans traveling outside of their country 

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

America is a big country and many of us have no money saved to travel outside of the US. We can just drive to a different state and get a motel if we are poor and want to travel. But regardless of that we don't do it because they work us to death.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

1. On average, we get only two weeks of vacation.

2. We do need visas for Russia, China, India, Angola, Suriname, Nigeria, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Sudan, Eritrea, and several other nations.

3. There are a lot of great places to explore in America. America has many great art museums and opera houses and a lot of natural beauty. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I travel directly to France which is my second country since I am a double citizen, but I don't think it counts, right?

• Of course it does not count.  You do not show your US passport when you enter France, you show your French one.

• 2 months ago

They can't enter all countries visa-free.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Maybe they travel and spend their money in different parts of the US which is far better for the US economy...... but you are mistaken, there are many counties where US citizens require a visa to visit and also many who do travel internationally

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Is that what you believe? We visit China every year and we need visas

• SCATTY c
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

You are the exception rather than the rule.  Most British go on at least one foreign vacation every year. Most Americans don't

• 2 months ago

We have a large enough country that it is hard to see the whole thing for one.

Then there is the fact that plane tickets along with room and board are expensive.

Many of us would like to travel to Europe but can not afford it.

• 2 months ago

It's not any country. There are many that they can't.

• 2 months ago

Really? Everyone I know travels outside the country every year. The planes are all packed full. In 2017, there were an estimated 11.13 million visits from the US to Europe (some of those were repeat travelers, and some Europeans returning home). However, it is not true that US citizens could enter any country without a visa. There are several that require visas, including Vietnam, Russia, and Belarus. The new requirement in the EU is not a visa- just registration, like the US requires of Europeans. 

• SCATTY c
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

estimated 11.13 million visits from the US to Europe … given there are about 330 million Americans that's not a high percentage

• 2 months ago

I travel outside of the US often. And many people I know do as well. You're really basing something you think is fact on "because I don't see it"?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.