Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Does he think we’re in a relationship? ?

We’ve had the “exclusivity talk” where we said we weren’t talking to other people. And he’s been saying he feels 100% committed to me, so does that mean we are together? Or are we just in the “exclusive dating” period still? Maybe he’s just hinting at making it official, I can’t tell. 

We hang out almost every night and we’ve only been seeing each other for a couple of weeks, but it doesn’t feel too fast for me. I just wanna know where his headspace might be at and what this might be. :) 

I just got off the telephone with him.

He said you are not together.  He said you are not dating exclusively.  He said he wonders where your "headspace" is.

He said you sound desperate.

• Alan H

Why bother with labels? Enjoy what you have

What I don't understand is how you had this "talk" about being exclusive yet you don't know if your exactly exclusively dating or in a relationship.  How is that even possible?  Its unreal how badly people communicate.  How are we even supposed to know this?  Why didn't you ask him when you had that talk?  That seems like the apropos time to clear that up...

Well exclusive could be dating or in a relationship. You should have said exclusive in what way. If he’s 100% committed to you then I’d take that in a serious way as he’s not seeing or talking to anyone else and isn’t interested in anybody else. I honestly don’t know, could be one of the two. You should just ask him if you’re his BF or GF. Can even be playful about it. Clear it up, what exactly you are. Good luck.