do you think my older sister is out of order for taking such drastic actionwhile my parents are away ?

My parents have gone away to my aunts for the weekend they have left my 23 year old sister in charge, i am supposed to be grounded for bad behavoiur , i am not allowed to leave the house but i am allowed tv, pc phone etc, my sister overheard my in my room talking on my phone about sneaking out and going to a party, my sister burst into my room, we had a row and i swore at her she then took the key from inside my bedroom door and locked me in, she said i would remain locked up until my parents returned tomorrow night, i rang my parents on my phone and told them my sister had locked me in , they said they fully support my sister and as i was planning to sneak out i deserved to be locked up, i have been locked in my room for over 3 hours now and my sister wont let me out is this right ?

Favorite Answer

I understand why you'd want to sneak out, but face it, it's really unsafe. Your parents had said no, and as crappy as that is, it's no. It only makes sense that your sister will lock you in your room because she doesn't want you to leave, and I don't think she's out of order, she's just fairly punishing you. 

Brush your teeth, go to bed, look after yourself. Goodnight.

• minnie4 weeks agoReport

my parents went mad when they came home today and said i have let them down, my punishment is to spend next weekend locked in my room, but this time i wont be allowed pc tv phone etc, just school books, plus write a 5 page essay on unaceptable behavour and punishments, ADVICE PLEASE ?

You apparently didnt learn your lesson from being grounded because you were trying to sneak out and disobey your parents again. You deserve everything you got.

• minnie4 weeks agoReport

my parents came home yesterday and gave me a boring lecture and said i will be punished again this coming weekend, i will be locked in my room with no tv no phone etc just schoolbooks, i will also have to write a 5 page essay on unacceptable behavouir and punishments thats is so unfair SYMPATHY ?

Well,

I do think its extreme that she locked you in your room for days on end! How does she expect you to eat, or to use the bathroom? Then there's the danger aspect, if your house were to catch on fire, and something were to happen where your sister couldn't unlock the door, you'd be in a life or death situation.

Having said that, you have made some VERY poor choices here! You were already grounded for whatever reason, and yet you decided you were going to defy your parents and your sister (who was in charge) by sneaking out of the house for several hours. This was not the responsible thing to do! Instead of trying to push boundaries, you should have respected your parents decision, and stayed inside.

Both of you are wrong here! However, the tipping scale for me is your sister actually committed a crime here, whereas you just acted like a typically stupid teenager! If your parents/sister refuse to let you out, it becomes "false imprisoment" and in all actuality both your sister and your parents would be charged. If I were you, I would very firmly remind all 3 of them of that, and if they don't back down, its a call to the cops and they will come and unlock your door and deal with the others.

• minnie4 weeks agoReport

i spoke to my parents on the phone, they said for the time being its right that i remain locked in my room, to keep me safe as well as to punish me, tomorrow i will face the music, its likely i will get extra punishment,tuesday i have school its likely i will  spend next weekend locked in my room ?

Sounds like everyone's in wrong, including you, but if I was in your weak position, I'd be humble, reflect on my behavior, and apologize (after all, you were wrong, too). It's the most practical approach to your situation.

• minnie4 weeks agoReport

• Tepee

Sorry, but it sounds like you deserve the punishment you received.

• minnie4 weeks agoReport

i dont like being locked in its horrible, my sister just gave me my dinner and refused to let me out she then locked my bedroom door again, i want my freedom back i feel like i am in prison that cant be right ?

dont sound right to me, maybe the police can let you out

• Edna
      4 weeks agoReport

The police have more important things to do.

Dude play a video game. You broke the rules but can still do whatever you want at least. 

Nope, you're lucky. I'd have punched you in the face before locking you in your bedroom. 

Sounds like it is right.

• Jolene

She was left in charge. You were planning on violating house rules. Your parents support her actions....so you are SOL. Yes, she is in the right.

• minnie4 weeks agoReport