Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsEngagements & Weddings · 3 weeks ago

Party Favours for Babyshower?

Hello everyone, I use to be on this a lot in past but first time posting in many years!

We have  a baby shower coming up for my wife and it's a common practice to give a "party favor" which is gift everyone can take home with them.

Recently people have been giving  succulent plants. Which has been great because people can keep them forever.

We're looking for ideas along the lines of that; a gift people can keep for a long time.

Any ideas would be great. Thank you!

It is a known fact that people want to spend as little as possible on a party favor. Especially if you have a lot of guests attending an event.

I have been to many many weddings, probably two dozen or so. Then, to that oh, and the bridal showers and the baby showers... All of which provided party favors. So we're talking about four or five dozen party favors. I no longer have even one of them.

But, I will tell you that the very best party favor is 1 that you can pop in your mouth and enjoy right then and there. Those one bite wonders are marvelous. I am shocked at the number of party favors that are just left on the table at the end of a reception. The last wedding I went to, the bride had Hershey Kisses in a cute little tin miniature bucket, which many people left behind, much to my surprise.

So my point is, don't knock yourself out or spend a lot of money on party favors. No no no I am not a party pooper, I'm more practical, that's all.

• Kelly

Sorry but favors for any type of celebration are most often thrown out and many are left behind.  Your best bet on a favor is food of some kind, something they can immediately enjoy and use.

I've been to a lot of showers (baby, wedding) over the years and there's never been a single item I wanted to keep forever.  Plants of any type I'd give away.

BTW a shower is supposed to be planned by someone else, not the couple.

• Ocimom

You could have flower seed packets too.

• drip

Succulents are very trendy now and craft stores have tiny pots for them. Easy to transport home. I work for Yankee Candle and lot of guest come in for votives and small jars for showers. A votive wrapped up in tulle with a bow is way to do.

Nothing Bundt Cakes has tiny mini Bundt cake. Candy stores , like Sees, will put a nice chocolate in a mini box. A packet of baby’s  breath flower seeds tied up with a bow and a note of thanks for attending. Or pink daisy seed or bluebells seeds.

I would not try to stick to something  they can keep for a long time. This is just a small token for your guest.

Give from the heart and you can't go wrong.  I think you have a great idea.

• Foofa

Living herbs in cute little pots is one I've seen and appreciated.

1)  This is not your responsibility because you would never be so rude as to have a baby shower for yourselves.   If no one volunteers to throw a baby shower for you, then you don't get one.

2)  This is not a child's birthday party.  Favors for all guests are not expected or necessary.    Many shower hostesses plan one or several party games and there are usually prizes for the winners.

3)   People do not necessarily want stuff that will last a long time.   Some don't want any stuff at all, or at the very minimum, want stuff that can be used up and forgotten about (soap, candles, chocolate, etc.).    Don't waste your money on stuff that is just going to clutter up other people's houses, collect dust and then end up at Goodwill or in the trash.   If someone wants a plant, they probably already have one.

The host/hostess invites the guests and provides refreshments.   Refreshments are all the "favor" that is needed.

Just like weddings, favours are entirely optional.

If you insist on giving them, I'd suggest avoiding anything that isn't edible.

Succulents are nice; but not everyone actually wants a plant. Nor do people want things they can 'keep for ever' - you'll just be wasting your money on tat that will probably end up in the bin or goodwill / charity box.

this is the wedding section, hun, not the right place... that happens after the wedding, not before.

Twinkie’s.  Those things last forever. 

Gold dipped roses or resin dipped roses. Basically they’re roses that have been dipped into gold or resin to preserve its look.