To People That Have Had DNA Tests. For?

Which company gave you the most useful results?

That was not phrased well. And it's hard to change the question. I meant people that have had ancestry testing done by two or more companies. I am thinking of having another  company do this.

• Zirp

Most people have no way of comparing companies.

What kind of test are you referring to? Health? Paternity? ancestry?

So-called ancestry-tests don't test ancestry. They just find people with bundles of DNA (almost) identical to yours, like your 5th cousin twice removed.

As far as I understand, some companies will help you contact any relatives of yours (as far as those relatives allow it), the others won't.

What do you mean by "useful"?

@update: as I said, the one that allows you to contact relatives, but only if they happen to have the right persons in their database.

Feel free to post a better formulated question. It only costs 5 points

Be careful of that. Keep in mind that the results of that test are theirs and not yours. If you're a privacy freak, you might want to back away from that one. All of them are very, very broad.