Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

Chili with?

I am making chili with cornbread; would adding white rice to put the chili over be too much starch ?!

No chili is good on rice.

I wouldn't eat it with rice.

It already has enough starch with just the beans, which are very high carbs. Add corn bread and thats plenty.

• IvaB

I'm curious how you are incorporating the cornbread into the chili ? That sounds interesting. Personally,I've always liked putting chili over rice.Sort of like beans and rice with a tasty sauce.I think your idea is a good one. OK,the cornbread is on the side.I still do think over rice is gonna be tasty. 😄

Chili is a personal thing. In the US, Texans generally refuse to add beans to their chili, while in Ohio chili is made with Mediterranean spices and served over pasta, sometimes with onion, melted cheese and sour cream. So the answer is, it's your chilli, serve it as you wish.

• CB

Put chili over spaghetti noodles, top with diced onions, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and kidney bean. 

Restaurant near me that has been successfully serving this up for many decades - Hardtimes - 

Also top with white vinegar that has been sitting mixed with red pepper flakes for some time.

No rice with chili. 

Cornbread is plenty. 

I do add jalapeno peppers and creamed corn and cheddar cheese to my cornbread. 

Use Great northern beans instead of kidney beans... i never heard of putting rice into chili, but you could try it i guess? I wouldn't

Never have I heard of chili and rice. I wouldn't do that

Ugh! Sounds really awful.

you can replace rice with noodles.