promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

Chili with?

I am making chili with cornbread; would adding white rice to put the chili over be too much starch ?!

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

No chili is good on rice.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

I wouldn't eat it with rice.

It already has enough starch with just the beans, which are very high carbs. Add corn bread and thats plenty.

• IvaB
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

I'm curious how you are incorporating the cornbread into the chili ? That sounds interesting. Personally,I've always liked putting chili over rice.Sort of like beans and rice with a tasty sauce.I think your idea is a good one. OK,the cornbread is on the side.I still do think over rice is gonna be tasty. 😄

• 2 months ago

Chili is a personal thing. In the US, Texans generally refuse to add beans to their chili, while in Ohio chili is made with Mediterranean spices and served over pasta, sometimes with onion, melted cheese and sour cream. So the answer is, it's your chilli, serve it as you wish.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • CB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Put chili over spaghetti noodles, top with diced onions, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and kidney bean. 

Restaurant near me that has been successfully serving this up for many decades - Hardtimes - 

Also top with white vinegar that has been sitting mixed with red pepper flakes for some time.

• 2 months ago

No rice with chili. 

Cornbread is plenty. 

I do add jalapeno peppers and creamed corn and cheddar cheese to my cornbread. 

• 2 months ago

Use Great northern beans instead of kidney beans... i never heard of putting rice into chili, but you could try it i guess? I wouldn't

• 2 months ago

Never have I heard of chili and rice. I wouldn't do that

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Ugh! Sounds really awful.

• 2 months ago

you can replace rice with noodles.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.