promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Dog ate Anzac biscuit?

A family member left a single Anzac biscuit within my dog’s reach and he ate it. It has been an estimated 5-10 minutes since cookie theft (possibly longer) and he seems fine, I’m still going to keep an eye on him but just want to check that none of these ingredients will do serious harm. It was just the one cookie and he’s a miniature schnauzer, but on the larger end of miniature schnauzers (so kind of a smallish standard schnauzer size).

Here’s the ingredients list:“Sugar, what flour, oats, vegetable margarine (Palm oil, water, salt, emulsifier (471, 472c), Antioxidant (304), natural flavouring, natural colour (160a)), desiccated coconut (preservative 223)), golden syrup, raising agents (450, 500). Contains cereals containing gluten (oats, wheat) and sulphites. May contain: soy, egg, milk, tree nuts, sesame, peanuts, Lupin and other cereals containing gluten.”

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Expat
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

No raisins so probably okay.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Your dog will be fine. When I make Anzac biscuits I'll sometimes share a biscuit with my two dogs.

• 2 months ago

Oh ugh...after reading the list of ingredients I have to wonder: will that Anzac biscuit "do serious harm" to you, let alone your dog.

Anyway I don't see chocolate, onion, raisins, or grapes listed. Those are harmful to dogs. So I'm guessing by now your schnauze is still alive...no harm done.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i would ask your vet about it, but i wouldnt worry too much, ive seen dogs eat pizza, spaghetti and icecream and cake too

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

My labradors ate a whole box of chocolates between the 2 of them, nothing happened.

They have also eaten curry and Chinese takeaway.

You are well over reacting.

One biscuit?

• Linda
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If he seems fine, he probably is. Because that had cocoa powder in it, don't let anyone do that again. Warn all your family and guests about how dogs cannot eat chocolate or it can harm or kill them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.