Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 3 weeks ago

Mom judges me for my leg hair?

so ive been growing out my leg hair all winter because its a pain to shave and whats really the point of it anyway? its time consuming and irritates my skin so i stopped. its gotten quite long and is very dark and noticable. i dont mind it tho. i dont think it looks bad and enjoy the feeling now that its grown out and soft. 

but i tried to go out wearing shorts the other day and my mom refused to let me until i either changed or shaved. i tried to reason with her tell her its just leg hair ask her why i need to shave but the only answer she could give me was because its "ugly and looks like a man". this was not a good enough answer for me but eventually my sister joined in so i gave up and put on the pants of shame. 

how do i convince my mom to leave me alone about this and prevent unwanted comments? its not like i stopped shaving everything entirely. i still take care of myself but unlike hairy pits hairy legs dont make you smell so i just dont see the point in wasting time shaving them. help thanks

Unfortinatly i cant change who was chosen for best answer but thank you to everyone with comments of positivity!

Favorite Answer

Tell your mother not to be such a sheep with fashion.

• tuesday3 weeks agoReport

How you groom yourself is your choice. My mom judges me for this too, however I just shave because I don't like the idea of having hairy legs. Chances are your mother will still love you 

• 1 week ago

they all judge my pubic hair

oh yes

• patty

Funny because I remember my mother never shaved her legs or even plucked her eyebrows. you're mother has no right to tell u what to do.

Hair removal for women was invented by men who wanted to make us insecure and buy their products. It worked and now they make millions on us every year. Actively deciding to not shave is fighting the patriarchy as well as consumerism.

• Drew3 weeks agoReport

Exactly! Now if i could just stop other women (namely my family) to stop judging me! But it seems ppl dont really care why we shave they just care about apperences

Tell your mom we like your hairy legs and the tasty treasure that lies between them.

Tell your mom to mind her own business

i would just wear pants if you dont want people bothering you about it

Tell your mom that you are a feminist.

• Sandy

use a depilatory like Nair. it doesn't hurt and gets all the hair. BTW boys don't like hairy girls. 

• audrey

Leg hair is ugly on a female. For God's sake, SHAVE YOUR LEGS!