Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 4 weeks ago

How can I make a lithium ion battery gain 20% of its original power back?

I have a lithium ion battery in an electric bike. I have it for 2 years, charged it probably a 100 times. It doesn't drive anymore that far, even if fully charged.

But I need it to go further to reach the next charging station. Is there a way to make the battery stronger again except buying a new one?  

Favorite Answer

I've always read that once they stop charging fully, it's time to replace. BUT, I also found this today...

http://www.batteryreconditioninglab.com/how-to-rec...

• STEVEN F
      3 weeks agoReport

Your source is DELUSIONAL.

You need to PEDAL more, not reach a charging station.

there is no such way.

Get a new battery.

I doubt you mean make the battery stronger, but you mean make it last longer with whatever energy level it currently has.

The only thing you can do now is to ensure you have all battery drains but the motor turned off. No lights on for example.

So when you buy a new battery to get that life back, keep this in mind. Li ion batteries last longer (recharge longer) if you don't fully charge them each time.

Charge them, say, to 80% capacity rather than 100%. If that's not enough to go to the next charging station, up it to 85% and so on. My point, try to not fully charge it if you can and make it from station to station.

Source(s): Tesla S owner; I recharge the car to 80% routinely. I only recharge it to 100% on special occasions, like a very long travel leg between superchargers.

No is the short answer.