Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

No. Go for it! Good luck.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

no susan boyle  was older than 25

• 4 weeks ago

No way! You can be whatever you put your mind to. 

• 4 weeks ago

The thing about this question is that so many people treat music like accounting, or like engineering or law. There is no exam which says 'you are now a musician'. There is no point where you cross over from being an 'amateur' to a 'professional' - other than someone paying you to play. There is no end point, no external judge of quality or someone who says 'you might enjoy singing, but this is invalid - you are not a singer'.

Someone could be 90 years old and never sung much at all before, and then join a community choir and sing songs with them. They are now a singer.

It's not even a bar to being a professional singer - there are plenty of people whose sole job is in music and they're just... not very good. I don't know whether THEY know the limits of their talent, but in the end it doesn't really matter; people still pay them and they presumably enjoy it.

Saying "I'm too old to be a musician" is not only wrong, but also very sad. Yes, it might be harder for you to learn a new skill if you're older - but that's just because kids have a learning superpower that adults lose. Other than that just DO it. Do you refuse to cook because you're not a Michelin starred chef? Refuse to watch films because you can't write a comparative essay on the work of the German expressionists and how they influenced Ingmar Bergman? Refuse to even speak because you didn't win a debating championship? So why is music any different?

As for being a professional musician, that may (or may not) be beyond you without the years of training many pros have by the time they're 25 - just as it would be very hard for you to suddenly decide to be a professional footballer. You've got a LOT of lost ground to cover, and even if you work at it 12 hours a day you may never truly catch up.

The possibility of not being a 'famous professional musician' should never, EVER stop someone from doing music. Most people aren't even famous for anything in their local area in their entire lives. Screw fame - it's worthless.

• Mamianka
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Love this!  And yes - 
       we all know people who are not so good, and miserable.  I also know people in other professions that are mediocre and bitter. I have other areas in my life to renew myself, 
      when the WORK of music needs a break.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

WHy does that seem too old to sing to you? If you have a good singing voice age doesn't matter.

• 1 month ago

The funny thing is, most of your idols as a teen who sing about whatever it is you relate to in your teens are 40-50 year old men and women. The top of the field as with any field is populated with old heads who earned their way over a lifetime. There are few 30 year old CEOS or pop stars (who weren't placed their by hand by 50 year old Simon Cowell).

But that said, commercially and practically, there are a number of years you weren't learning so something as simple as scales and notation might be a learning curve. While plasticity is a thing that diminishes with age, simply put you can always still learn. However, you may be 40-50 before you can say you've been studying this for 20 years. And simple time is often one of the 50s in the 50-50 mix of what makes talent; the comfort and exploration in the art (vs science) side of it.

• Mamianka
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Well said. Sing fur fun? Maybe.  Pro? No way.

• 1 month ago

No, you have your whole life ahead of you

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

A person is never too old to become a singer.

• John
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not if you have the voice and a good tune.

• 1 month ago

No, if you have a good voice you could become a singer at any age.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.