What was the worst ever holiday you have been on.?

A trip to the American South to pack up a recently-deceased relative's house and belongings. That was when I was a teenager.

Cuba, August 1999; budget of only 200 US dollars, excruciating heat and humidity, ran out of money, slept outdoors.

• John

My second trip to Italy. Nothing wrong with Italy, of course, and we visit our relatives. We took our dim-bulb controlling cousin along which was a major mistake Beginning with her huge overpacked suitcase. She is truly somewhat retarded and there's nothing wrong with that. She truly behaves as though she is everybody's boss and the world revolves around her. Couldn't wait to get home.

• Jay P

Jolly Beach Resort in Antigua.  the resort was overpriced and run down, the staff were generally indifferent and even rude, the food was bland and didn't offer very much choice.  The most ridiculous was the resort would only allow reservations for the a la carte restaurants to be made for the whole week starting on Thursday.  We arrived on a Saturday so of course everything is booked up and we can only go to the buffet for over half the week.  This was 7 or 8 years ago and I know the resort has new owners.  I can only hope they improved it ( because it couldn't get much worse )

On the plus side, the beach was nice but I won't go back to the island based on this one experience.  There are lots of other great choices in the Caribbean.