Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceSociology · 3 weeks ago

Why do people aspire to higher living standards? With age I just see all the new stuff as of 10 minute novelty amusement?

I mean it seems the better things get the more boring things get. Humans should simply just give up striving and trying

Favorite Answer

Consumerism is generally a normal way of life in our western world.  You can have as much enjoyment when living off the land.

• Bobo

We all benefit from easy living standards.  We flush our waste down the drain, have garbage removed, access clean water, electricity, roads, schools, fire protection, public safety, plentiful food, choice in clothing, shoes, and endless entertainment.  Were we living in a state where we actually had to provide these things for ourselves, we would not care about the latest I-phone.  Be grateful that you live a society where your basic needs are taken care of for you.

• Liz

You might be interested in the article on the website below.

Source(s): wol.jw.org/w61 3/1 Materialism or Spirituality - Which Do We Need?