Should I quit for new job?

I have been looking for a good paying job with benefits for a long time. My little family has 5 members. My husband and I and our 3 little kids. He’s not working right now (I don’t wanna get into that) but my friend owns a shop and hired me a couple weeks ago for 3 days a week and told me I can work however long I want to. Meaning, I can leave whenever I want/need. I have an interview on Monday for a job that has great pay/hours/health benefits, which would really help out my family. The problem is, if I get this new job I will feel horrible letting my friend down and leave his job. I don’t know what to do. I can’t work both because the hours will interfere but I really need all this stuff the new job is offering. What should I do? Do you think he’ll understand?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

if he was really your friend he'd want the best for you, i mean, its to benefit you and your family, he should be happy for you. please do whats best for yourself and not for others

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

Take the new job. Your friend will understand and I am sure the friend can find someone to fill your job. 

• Eva
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

He will understand. He knows you're looking for something else.

• 4 weeks ago

If you're offered a new job,accept it. I'm sure your friend will understand if you're moving on to new opportunities.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

So if this person is your friend, they know you are looking for f/t work and will also know you are going for interviews so it won't be 'out of the blue' and there is nothing to ;feel guilty about' and if you are offered the job you tell the new employer you need to give 1-2 weeks notice to your present employer and they will respect you for doing that

• 4 weeks ago

It’s for your family so they can have a better future your friend should understand that tell your friend That your thankful for there help and for giving you a chance good luck on the interview.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.