Should I quit for new job?

I have been looking for a good paying job with benefits for a long time. My little family has 5 members. My husband and I and our 3 little kids. He’s not working right now (I don’t wanna get into that) but my friend owns a shop and hired me a couple weeks ago for 3 days a week and told me I can work however long I want to. Meaning, I can leave whenever I want/need. I have an interview on Monday for a job that has great pay/hours/health benefits, which would really help out my family. The problem is, if I get this new job I will feel horrible letting my friend down and leave his job. I don’t know what to do. I can’t work both because the hours will interfere but I really need all this stuff the new job is offering. What should I do? Do you think he’ll understand?

if he was really your friend he'd want the best for you, i mean, its to benefit you and your family, he should be happy for you. please do whats best for yourself and not for others

Take the new job. Your friend will understand and I am sure the friend can find someone to fill your job. 

• Eva

He will understand. He knows you're looking for something else.

If you're offered a new job,accept it. I'm sure your friend will understand if you're moving on to new opportunities.

• Maxi

So if this person is your friend, they know you are looking for f/t work and will also know you are going for interviews so it won't be 'out of the blue' and there is nothing to ;feel guilty about' and if you are offered the job you tell the new employer you need to give 1-2 weeks notice to your present employer and they will respect you for doing that

It’s for your family so they can have a better future your friend should understand that tell your friend That your thankful for there help and for giving you a chance good luck on the interview.