promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

when and why did they start going after people who drink alcohol every day. ? (they use to drink alcohol every meal for thousands of years ?

Update:

you might be an alcoholic if you drink a few glasses of wine or a few pints of ale every day , right>? better drink cokes and pepsis instead like a normal modern person?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Who are "they" who are going after people for drinking alcohol every day? Not sure what you're talking about

• ...Show all comments
    • Patricia
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Oh i see. Well, moderate drinkers can still be dependent on alcohol.  I'm not putting them down - i drink my share as well

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

1. Who's going after them..? Most of my friends drink every day, nobody's come after them...

2. People have also mostly only lived to the age of 36 for thousands of years until recently. We've also used insane forms of medicine for a long time, like lead or mercury. Just because we've been doing something for a really long time doesn't mean it's good for us.

• KatieC
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Because people learn. Average life expectancy didn’t reach 40 until about 1900, so obviously everything people were doing for “thousands of years” wasn’t working out very well. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Alcohol users are at much further risk of death than a Coke/Pepsi drinker. With those two drinks, the bad thing for you is the excess amount of sugar. Alcohol changes how you act, short-term it can make you do stupid things, long-term it hurts your liver, kills brain cells and other things whereas coke and Pepsi can do less extreme things like weaken your teeth or mess with your blood sugar. If you get drunk it can be dangerous, someone could use you, you can tell people things you were planning not to tell them, or you can do other crazy things without your control. Really it’s just safer to drink sugary drinks than alcoholic drinks.

• ...Show all comments
    • k w
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

it just sneaks up on you, bet you never knew either...https://www.quantumbalancing.com/news/sugar_blues.htm

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.