Keigo asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 4 weeks ago

Could you correct my English to make it sounds more native speaker? I’m a English learner.?

If someone asks me about your hobby, I always say traveling abroad, leaning English, eating and drinking, and Onsen, which is spa. However, I want to get another unique hobby. 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

The activities you list are not usually considered hobbies. Hobbies are things like sports, crafts, arts [including music, dance, acting, photography], cooking [not eating], games, etc. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

"If someone asks ME about YOUR hobby, I always say traveling abroad, leaning English, eating and drinking, and Onsen, which is spa."

Why would anyone ask *you* about *someone else's* hobby?

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Learning, not leaning.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

"which is *a* spa", not "which is spa".  You must use an article.  Also, we don't say "I'm a learner".  We say "I'm learning _____ (English)".   And it would be "an English ...", not "a English".  Because "e" is a vowel, it takes "an", not "a".  One other mistake:  " to make it sounds" is incorrect. It's "to make it sound...", not "sounds".

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

If someone asks me about [my] hobby, I [often] say traveling abroad in English speaking countries. [I spend time there] learning English, and eating and drinking their food. [I also enjoy] Onsen, which is spa [located in ???]. However, I want to get another unique hobby.

As you're talking about learning English it's smart to associate your travels with English speaking countries. And that spa sound totally out of place with the English language theme. So you best add where it's located to show the reader you've changed locations with the spa. Finally that first sentence is way too long; so I suggest you split it into two or more sentences.

• Keigo4 weeks agoReport

Appreciate your kind feedback. It’s really helpful!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.