Am I a bad person if I don't mention to the men I sleep with that I'm a transwoman?

I had the surgery and therapy and look like a typical cis woman. And I'm cute. So I decided never to tell the guys I date and sleep with that I used to be a man. Is that okay? I know if I were to tell them, they would ditch me and I'd be all alone my entire life 😢

Favorite Answer

For sleeping with someone it’s fine. You are a woman and being trans doesn’t change that . However, for a relationship it’s important to be honest about your life and being trans and going through transition is an important part of you becoming the beautiful woman you are today so I would tell a boyfriend about that .

• Cathy

No. I wouldn't. If I went through all that you have gone through to become the opposite gender I wouldn't not tell anyone or feel the least bit bad about not telling anyone.

NO. That’s like sleeping with someone and not telling them you have an std. You can find men that will sleep with you even though you’re trans 🙂 Stay safe.

As a trans person I'd never do that. Even after lower surgery and they could not tell. I consider it a moral obligation, even if it meant they reject me. I know some people don't want a trans person but not everyone minds. 

Yes, it does make you a bad person, because regardless of how you look, some people would be uncomfortable sleeping with you if they know you used to be a man. You might disagree with that, but the fact is, if you don't tell them, then you are showing that person disrespect.

Put it this way. Imagine you don't tell a guy and sleep with him, and you really hit it off and it turns into a serious relationship, what's going to happen when he finds out that you used to be a man (as he eventually will, one way or another)? He may not have cared about it if you'd told him to begin with, but now he can't trust you because you kept such a big secret from him for such a long time. He may never be able to trust you again.

Having sex with a trans person might put some people off. But liars put everyone off.

• How would you feel about a trans man having sex with you and not telling you that they're female.

• reme_1

That is up to you. You will eventually meet someone really and you might have to be completely honest with him. I am so happy for you that you can fit in. And are happy.

You might want to communicate with the trans support group for emotional support.

There is a chance that a man would date/sleep with a transwoman.

Almost none, however, would consider dating/shagging a woman they can't trust.

Do the math.

You should disclose prior to intimacy.  Also, you should not be intimate until after at least a few dates.  If you are then rejected, neither of you wasted much time.

• Elizabeth
      4 weeks agoReport

Joe: 1) they would eventually find out anyway.
      2) Nondisclosure is the main reason why transwomen are getting murdered.
      3) Why would a transwomen want to waste her time with a bigot?

• Ann

Within the last year, there were three transgender women here in Dallas who were murdered by men who were repulsed at the idea of sexual contact with them.  Weigh your options--either be honest up-front, consort only with other trans people, or possibly end up like these victims did. 

Thats wrong, it ses so right here in the Bible.

You needs to gits your self to a church and someone will lay hands upon you and heal you. 

Amen. 

BTW, what you doing this weekend? 

Wanna maybe haul some Hogs with me? 

Or go to the Wrestling?