promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

can green beans and potatos be cook with a pot roast?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

of course.

I cook potatoes with pot roast all the time. Carrots, onions, celery all go in there with the roast.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • IvaB
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

yes...............

• 2 months ago

Potatoes can happily live in the same pot with the meat for the duration of the roast, but the green beans might be happier if they were added for the last 20 minutes or so. Or you can serve them as a separate veggie. Pot roasts tradiitonally are accompanied by root vegetables.

• tony
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

onions...potatoes..i prefer sweet peas..garlic.... I also very much like some celery, cut into 1" piece..... I will use either red wine or soy sauce for the liquid, if I am slow-cooking the roast I also will add some beef broth....mushrooms....About a cup or two of fresh chopped parsely is needed. It is one of the rare times the flavor of parsely is important.... Be sure to coat the roast in vegetable oil or lard or bacon grease before adding the spices and vegetables. maybe a touch of thyme, a dash of crushed red pepper flakes,, Add your veggies later on so they don't get soggy.

After you pull the meat out of the cooking juices, thicken into a gravy..serve with buttered biscuits or cornbread or rolls

Attachment image
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Olive
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I always put potatoes in with it. Green Beans can be added optionally yes

• Lolly
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Sure. Put the green beans in towards the end.

• 2 months ago

Potatos yes but green beans will get too soft.

• rena
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Probably, yes. . . . . .

• 3 months ago

Potatoes go perfect, they soak up the grease while everything is cooking.  If you want to throw in green beans I would wait until about a half hour before you serve to give them time to cook without cooking forever and getting mushy.

• 3 months ago

potatoes - absolutely (as well as carrots, mushrooms, onions, and other root vegetables) but traditionally green beans are not cooked with a pot roast

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.