can green beans and potatos be cook with a pot roast?

of course.

I cook potatoes with pot roast all the time. Carrots, onions, celery all go in there with the roast.

• IvaB

yes...............

Potatoes can happily live in the same pot with the meat for the duration of the roast, but the green beans might be happier if they were added for the last 20 minutes or so. Or you can serve them as a separate veggie. Pot roasts tradiitonally are accompanied by root vegetables.

• tony

onions...potatoes..i prefer sweet peas..garlic.... I also very much like some celery, cut into 1" piece..... I will use either red wine or soy sauce for the liquid, if I am slow-cooking the roast I also will add some beef broth....mushrooms....About a cup or two of fresh chopped parsely is needed. It is one of the rare times the flavor of parsely is important.... Be sure to coat the roast in vegetable oil or lard or bacon grease before adding the spices and vegetables. maybe a touch of thyme, a dash of crushed red pepper flakes,, Add your veggies later on so they don't get soggy.

After you pull the meat out of the cooking juices, thicken into a gravy..serve with buttered biscuits or cornbread or rolls

• Olive

I always put potatoes in with it. Green Beans can be added optionally yes

• Lolly

Sure. Put the green beans in towards the end.

Potatos yes but green beans will get too soft.

• rena

Probably, yes. . . . . .

Potatoes go perfect, they soak up the grease while everything is cooking.  If you want to throw in green beans I would wait until about a half hour before you serve to give them time to cook without cooking forever and getting mushy.

potatoes - absolutely (as well as carrots, mushrooms, onions, and other root vegetables) but traditionally green beans are not cooked with a pot roast