Do artists draw scars in figure drawing?

I'm an art student but my classes model had smooth skin, not even freckles or anything aside from a tiny tattoo under her arm. I'm going to be a model this year, and I typically avoid mirrors but I recently looked in a large one tho find that I have more scars than I though. A lot of tiny acne scars all over my body, almost like cheetah print there are so many. While I expected things like fat or cellulite dimples to get drawn, I didn't think about the fact that I have all these little marks. Of course I know I have no say in what the artists draw but should I expect to see my scars drawn? I know my teacher was really detail oriented (she was a grad student and is gone now) but would the typical professor want their students to draw those details. I can't change my skin, but I've been trying to practice things like standing still so I'm not a difficult model; i wondered if my marks would make me a bit of a challenge to draw?

If a person has a wrinkled face, you don't draw every single wrinkle. Same for cellulite.

• Tim D

During all your previous drawing sessions did you or any of your fellow students have the time to draw scars?

In most cases I suspect you barely had time to draw the basic figure shapes and shadows accurately.

However, the idea of life drawing is to reproduce what you are seeing, so if you have drawers who want/like to draw every wart then you will find them using the scars as part of their drawing.

You can't change your skin so the choice is yours to model or not, and the student's choice to include it or not.

• Alex1 week agoReport

Yeah, people draw things like the cellulite in class, the class is 3 hrs. The room was dimly lit tho so I was saved by that I think.