Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 2 months ago

best antivirus, spyware and malware remover that will not slow down my computer. ?

I do not trust Microsoft Windows defender.  Seems like third party solutions like McAfee or Norton slow down my computer because they use a lot of processor power and resources.  Before anyone says increase the resources I have 16 gigs of RAM and I7 9th generation quad core. I am looking for way or solution to keep my computer clean or remove the things I mentioned without slowing it down. 

All antivirus and malware scanners will slow down your computer in some way they have to as the use some processor resource to actually do their work its just some use more than others. mcaffee and norton are notorious hogs taking a good 20-30% other more specialised ones like nod32 take a bit less... all take some

• John

I prefer Eset.,,,,,,,,,,,

• Bill-M

It is no longer called Windows Defender. It is called Windows Security and it has been improved.  No need to install third party anti virus.  BUT, you should install MALWAREBYTES.   It is a Malware Checker that goes a bit further than your standard Anti Virus program.

ESET NOD32

It's not free, but it works properly without slowing things down.

You don't see any slowdown on an old Core2 laptop, never mind a high performance machine.

Add Malwarebytes, Superantispyware & Spybot search and destroy (free versions of all) and do regular scans with those.

Also use the "inoculation" facility in Spybot - that blocks many known malware sources.

• cjware19742 months agoReport

Backup important things. I suggest making a standard or guest account not everything should be given administrator rights by default one of the biggest mistakes people make.