Lv 6
. asked in Food & DrinkEthnic Cuisine · 3 weeks ago

Is it rational not to eat oriental food due to the coronavirus?

I saw this sushi stand full of stock that they had to cut their prices almost in half. I assume people won't buy them due to the coronavirus.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Clive
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

What a ridiculous statement.  Sushi is Japanese, and coronavirus is a problem in China.  Plus food won't be infected unless it's imported from China.  And it's not.  If that's the reason people aren't buying it, they're extremely ignorant.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Snoopy
    Lv 5
    2 weeks ago

Very rational although it is highly likely that it's been transmitted through feces...

• 3 weeks ago

Dumbest thing I'll read for the next few minutes I'm sure

• rena
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

First of all, sushi is Japanese, and this "coronavirus" is from China.

Secondly, no, it is not rational, most food is produced in the country it is sold in.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

It just shows how ignorant people are: it's sashimi that's made from raw fish. Sushi is based on rice. Sushi could contain uncooked fish (but so do smoked salmon sandwiches) but it usually doesn't.

No, of course it's not “rational” to avoid “oriental food”. It would be like someone in the UK avoiding McDonalds because they heard the CEO had flu.

• Janet
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Nonsense. Our sushi is made in town, not imported from China.

Lv 6
      3 weeks agoReport

Is it true what the other person says about raw fish containing parasites, referring to the sushi? 
      120 / 3

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

You shouIdn't eat raw fish at aII ever.... it's fuII of parasites

• ...Show all comments
    • 3 weeks agoReport

CB no lmao... raw fish is totaIIy different from cooked chicken. You must be illiterate.. @Groovy_Unicorn sushi grade fish has a Iower chance of harm from bacteria and moId, but it's stiII chock-full of parasites. Not gonna make you throw up or give you dysentery, but still very harmfuI

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.