promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Timjones12 asked in PetsReptiles · 2 months ago

What is the best way to get rid of snakes that live in my basement?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Rent yourself a propane fired Barn heater. Put it in your basement where are the flame can't catch anything on fire plug the thing into the wall socket with an extension cord if necessary and fire it up. Close the door. In a short time the temperature will reach higher than 150 degrees in the room. Just let the heater run wide open for about 4 or 5 hours every last snake in the basement will die because of the high temperature. Give your basement plenty of time to reach high temperature and let it stay that way for a couple of hours and that way you can know for sure that the snakes are dead.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Snake out buy  at the DIY store

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Don't follow the bozo's suggestion to use heat. You can burn your house down accidentally. I once caught a snake, and it escaped inside my car. I thought it was going to die of overheating because the inside temperature of my car can reach temperatures that is fatal for all animals, because I had to park it out in the sun some of the time. Several days later, I found the snake inside the car, and it was perfectly healthy. Snakes can squeeze into very tight spaces, and they can find crevices that allow them to survive temperature extremes. Not only will you not kill snakes in your basement, you will only give your sense a false sense of security, and think that it is snake free. You may get bitten by a venomous snake accidentally. What you should do is to close off any holes that snakes can crawl through to get into your basement. with silicone rubber or aluminum screens. You should contact a snake expert in your area to remove the snakes if necessary. Right now it is winter time, and snakes may be there to hibernate. When it is spring, they will leave or they will starve to death.

• 2 months ago

Alright, here’s the deal. The best way to get rid snakes is to take away their world of Warcraft account and computer. So long as they can continue gaming in their stupid fantasy land they will never go outside. Stop buying your snakes chips and hamburgers, or they will be reall fat. Chicken tendies and Mountain Dew are especially bad for them. After you get rid of their computer, you need to tell them they are being kicked out of the house. They will probably struggle getting up the stairs and to the front door, which is why you might need to install an elevator chair in the stairwell. If they refuse to leave, call dog the bounty hunter and he will help you with the rest, but only if you did the first steps. He doesn’t like helping with the first steps bc he is actually a big fan of world of Warcraft. We play together a lot. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

buy a mongoose to kill them

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Buy a mongoose.....

• oikoσ
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Usually, remove their source of food, as with mouse traps. Alternatively, wait for them to leave in the spring.

• 2 months ago

Hire someone to remove them and then seal up all entry points so no new ones enter.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.