Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 2 months ago

iPhone 6 says payment method declined even though app was free?

I went to install a free app and did the touch ID thing as normal but the the "Verification Required Tap Continue and sign in to view billing information" popped up. I am positive the app was free and I put in my password and checked everything. It said my card was declined even though the app was free. The other day I had no idea how much money was on my card and tried to buy something for $10 and my payment was declined, whatever I can get it later. Ever since then this has been happening. Do I have to put money on my card and buy something to make this go away? 

You probably have a previously declined payment that is blocking you from buying anything else, even if its free. 

Source(s): This happened to me.

Your card and the app have nothing to do with each other. You have to have money available on the card or it will always be declined.

If you get a message saying the charge was declined, the app isn't free.  

• Danielle2 months agoReport

It is free though. 100% free, confirmed by other people free. It's called "Cat Fishing" and I'm trying to get it for my cat who is very interested by my phone.