Ordered a quad from Dirt Bike USA, thing broke with first startup, tried to return but now they wont respond to emails. Get money back?

Ordered a $500 quad for sons xmas, on first start up the quad basically **** a brick. "Ok I'll email them for help" they reply after two emails saying their tech is out on vacation for the week and they'd contact me. After a week they just went dark. Several emails since have gone unanswered. "Fine I'll get a refund via paypal since that's what I ordered it from" paypal says "sure! Just ship it back and well refund you" problem is its gonna cost the same as the bike to ship back so I'm out 500 bucks either way. Any way to get my full money back, or a new bike, etc?

Tl;dr Dirt Bike USA sold me a faulty quad, went dark on emails, and refund via paypal wants me to ship it back but it costs as much as I spent on it so I'm out $500. Any ideas on how to get my money back in full?

Side note: I'm from NY, Dirt Bike USA is CA based for the reason as to why its insanely expensive

It has a warranty and its brand new for those confused

Shipping cost is your problem.

Next time use a credit card and when it doesn't work and the seller won't do anything, dispute it with your credit card.

You probably don't get your money back.

You purchased a used dirt bike "as it".  It didn't come with a warranty.

Call PayPal and ask them for a return shipping label they will get one for you that's part of the process. So they will charge the customers account for the shipping label can you put it back in the box and you have UPS pick it up and stick the label to it that's all you have to do I've done it a thousand times

• Calen1 month agoReport

When you say they will charge the customers account for the label, do you mean me(the customer) or the company that has stopped responding(Dirt Bike USA)?