Is a common sense for you to know the difference between your majesty in your Highness?

Me and a friend on discord were debating that their friends and I wanna prove them wrong honestly

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

This is not a question about Mathematics.  It need moving to some category like

All Categories > Society & Culture > Royalty

• Login to reply the answers
  • Zirp
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

between "your majesty" AND "your highness"???

No not at all.  Is there a difference?

• Dixon
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

For the English monarchy the princes and princesses such as William, Andrew, Anne etc. are His/Her Royal Highness (HRH) while the Queen is Her Majesty (HM).

As I understand it, if the queen talks to you directly, you respond with Your Majesty the first time you speak and thereafter Ma'am (rhymes with ham).

• Vaman
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Majesty is normally used for male monarch. Highness is used for female queen and female person.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pope
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

A few complete sentences would go a long way toward making your question clear. Try diagramming them.

I think you may be asking whether the distinction between those two forms of address is common sense. No, sense (common or otherwise) has nothing to do with it. It may be a question of common usage or common knowledge, but not sense. There is no logic underlying either of those courtesy addresses. They are only conventions.

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Your majesty....a king or queen.

Your highness...a prince or princess.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.