Can I sue an online clothing company for not fulfilling my order?

Dec 8th 2019 I ordered 2 jerseys from a clothing company @nandesuka_clothing on Instagram ( I had seen their booth at crunchyroll expo in the summer and followed them to order later. On their site it says it take about 4-6 weeks to arrive. They are based in San Diego California and I live about 4 hours from there so ‘oh it won’t take that long’ it’s been 7 weeks now and I’m getting no response, no update on my $200 order.

Originally I DM’d the page I got an answer telling me one jersey was ready and they would be sending me a tracking number soon and the other would take 2 more weeks. Since then no word. I’ve been blowing up the comment section on their IG and unfortunately I’ve been getting replies from other poor souls who have been waiting for orders as well. 3 other people have been waiting 3+ months for their orders and getting no answer. But one guy said he blew up the pages DM’s and ended up getting his shirt & a shirt free but after an extended period of time.The site went on Kickstarter and failed, they asked for 12k and got only $212, ended the project. They logged in to cancel their kickstarter but haven’t replied to any inquiries from their customers. No posts since dec 17th 19. They don’t have a physical store, I can’t tell who the owner of the IG page is. From their tagged photos I see ppl have gotten clothes from the website, they aren’t bothering with their recent orders.

I don’t want to let go of my money. What can I do?

Attachment image

3 Answers

  • 4 weeks ago

    Why would anyone in their right mind sue over $200? It will cost you that much or more just to file and serve the lawsuit. Obviously, you have no idea what it costs to sue, even in Small Claims Court. Why don't you just dispute the charges. Cancel all orders and dispute the charges.

    Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience.
    • Why?? That’s my hard earned money that’s why. I asked a question, $200 may not be anything to you but that’s you, not everybody. This business should be held accountable for what they’re doing to customers is the point obviously. 

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

    If you paid by credit card, notify the company.  If you paid by cash you have probably lost your money.

    Report your experience to the California Attorney General.

    • I paid w my debit card. Does the California attorney general have a website?

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

    How did you pay? If it was with a credit/debit card, contact your bank and ask to initiate a charge-back.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.