Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 weeks ago

Christians, if animals don't have souls, doesn't that mean a soul is not necessary for life to exist?

That's sort of calls into question whether anything has a soul, since animals are clearly alive.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • BJ
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Often the soul is equated with the total person. For instance, Genesis 2:7 tates: “God proceeded to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man came to be a living soul.” The first man, Adam, was a soul.

The understanding that the word soul can mean the whole person is supported by other scriptures. For example, the Bible speaks of a soul’s doing work. Leviticus 23:30 The soul is spoken of as being impatient, irritated, sleepless, fearful, and depressed. Judges 16:16

Referring to a soul as a person, Romans 13:1 states: Let every soul be in subjection to the superior authorities.” And at 1 Peter 3:20, we read: “In Noah’s days, a few people, that is, eight souls, were carried safely through the water.”

Nothing in these scriptures indicates that the soul is some immaterial entity that lives on after death.

Therefore, all living creatures are souls.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

Yes, of course.

That is**IF** animals don't have souls

since (obviously) animals are alive

then

life can exist without a soul.

The logic is sound.

>> That's sort of calls into question whether anything has a soul <<

How so?

Similar reasoning:

Soup can be heated in a pot on the stove.

So: hot food can exist without a microwave oven.

"That sort of calls into question" whether any microwave oven exists.

Clearly that last statement is NOT reached logically

neither in my example

nor in your argument, either.

• 4 weeks ago

Yes.

But man is different because he has as soul.

• 4 weeks ago

Life is eternal, not temporary.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

I believe teh bible tells us everything born has been given a measure of God's Holy Spirit and by the message of Christ one must be Born Again to have eternal life.....Animals may have a measure of God's Holy Spirit but I guess they cannot be Born Again but Jesus just told me ,that is not true and did not give a reason....

• 4 weeks ago

think about what the definition of a soul is ! when the spirit of Adam was put into the created body for Adam and God "breathed" life into the body, it become defined as a (living soul). i think the JWs will even agree with me on this one.

therefore as spirits pre exist their birth, like the spirit of Adam and Eve, so also were the animals created from the dust and there was a living spirit put into the animals. just because the animals are not as intelligent as 5 year olds doesnt mean they dont know whats going on therefore they are sentient. which is one definition necessary to be life.

Joseph Smith said animals have souls. even though there is a bible verse in the old testament that says animals go the way of the grave. i think its in JOB. but that said, God created a 4 winged creature, with eyes in and outside of its wings. if this is a real creature ! it means animals can have souls and life after death. even in the resurrection. aiui.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Souls don't exist and we are animals too.

• 4 weeks ago

Living creatures can exist without a soul. Animals live and die, they just don’t have the afterlife.

• 4 weeks ago

It's a good question. Animals, we are told, generally have group souls. There are many forms and streams of life: angelic, human, animal, vegetable and mineral. And others of which most of us know almost nothing!

• Lv 5
      4 weeks agoReport

See what religion did to his mind.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Now the Lord had shown unto me, Abraham, the ​​​intelligences​ that were organized before the world was; and among all these ​​there were many of the ​​​noble​ and great ones;

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.