Do MORMONS believe in Trinity and Do MORMONS believe in once saved always saved?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormons)

The LDS church teaches that God the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost are seperate personages who are one in purpose.

The church teaches that the plan of salvation consists of:

1. Faith or trust in Jesus Christ and His atonement. This leads a person to -

2. Repentance of sin or a striving to turn from worldliness to becoming Christ like.

3. Baptism by emmersion for the remission of sins. This is a requirement of God that symbolizes the covenant we make with God to take upon us the name of Christ and keep His commandments. The scriptures use marriage as a symbol of this covenant with God.

4. Receipt of the gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands. This gift is given at baptism. It is the right to the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost as a person remains worthy or repentant. The Holy Ghost leads, teaches, comforts and purifies our motives over time. The Holy Ghost is a revelator and those who are worthy come to know with certainty that God exists, our relationship to Him and what kind of being He is.

5. Enduring to the end in righteousness. A person who falls away from the covenant has no promise.

God is merciful and does not require perfection in this life. It is not how good we are that saves us but rather what direction we are moving.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 5 days ago

The Mormon personages of the Mormon Trinity are not the same persons as the Holy Trinity of Christianity. No two ways about it.

• 4 weeks ago

Latter-day Saint Christians (the name of our church was never "Mormon") do not believe in the heresy of the Trinity. We believe what the New Testament says about the relationship between God and Jesus Christ instead.

Once saved, always saved? Of course not. That's silly. People do sin, you know, even people who think they are "saved."

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Full treatment 

The 8 Beliefs You Should Know about Mormons When They Knock at the Door

JUSTIN TAYLOR | AUGUST 18, 2017

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/justin-ta...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Doug
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

They do not believe in either. Mormons believe that people can become gods and they deny the deity of Jesus Christ. They also have works for salvation which is an accursed message (Gal. 1:6-9). LDS is a non-Christian cult that leads to hell. Stay away from it.

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him for it. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

• ...Show all comments
    • Doug
      Lv 4
      4 weeks agoReport

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=StgAtwxiix0
      https://www.stillwaterbible.org/sbc-podcasts/?sid=IS16

• 4 weeks ago

well, you ask a hundred different Mormons you'll get theories and BoM quotes and then you get anti Mormon preachers that will take the quotes and twist them in their pamphlets.

officially, I KNOW Joseph Smith said the Trinity is a "imagination" of a man. so, i never continued to believe in the trinity though i was a born again christian and was taught all the basic creeds were true and i believed them because that's what i was taught to believe.

that said, the bible new testament does seem to have contradicting verses on what the character of Jesus is and when protestants teach the trinity creed, they are actually following the traditions of hte catholic church. or the Roman Empire. once the Roman empire made Christianity Legal, the gospel of Jesus Christ changed. aiui. it became a new religion and a new message.

there are non official teachings that are not in the official standard 5 works of scripture. and one of them is a teaching found in answers to gospel questions, in a 4 or 5 volume set written by Joseph Fielding Smith. the official 3in1 trinity is counter measured by a doctrine that Father and Son have been teams of the godhead for Eons. which means there are many gods in heaven, see 1Cor 8:5-6 kjv. many gods the verse says ! "in heaven". so when comparing the tradition of teaching that there is only ONE God, i.e for Israel. many people have come to believe that God cannot be 3 people, like that tawhide, because that would mean there are 3 gods. and that said christians have come up with the idea that the only way Jesus is God ! is by inventing the doctrine that the Godhead is 3in1. the closest LDS doctrine is that they are united in agreement of righteousness but THEY are 3 "distinct" personages. and there is a kjv Verse which says God gave Jesus LIFE: "separately". so, whatever other LDS believers follow and teach, this is in part what i believe. the Godhead is an infinite counting of exalted beings! see Rev 3:21kjv. and then see 21:7kjv. the invitation to sit on a throne, is given to the SONS of God and where it says God has many mansions in His House, its actually saying that there are many "kingdoms" in the Kingdom of God. each kingdom can have an exalted resurrected Son of God, and we become the Sons of Jesus and Jesus becomes our God.

• 4 weeks ago

No and no. They have a different way of believing in Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

• Otto
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

We have no Mormons in our city.

But Trinity and "once saved always saved" are not Bible teachings

• Lv 4
      4 weeks agoReport

Neither are your jw false teachings.

• 4 weeks ago

Mormons do believe in once saved always saved, not sure about the trinity. Maybe

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.