Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 month ago

My doctor was laughing at my private letter with the receptionist. what should I do?

I wrote down a very private letter for my doctor and it had some embarrassing info in it about a condition I have.

I gave the receptionist the letter and the doctor opened it in the office and they were both reading it! and they were laughing. They were pretending to look on a computer screen, but I saw them holding the letter.

What should I do?

That is very immature, unprofessional, and rude of them. You should report both of those shitty workers and get both of them fired. Also, find a new doctor because your current doctor is definitely not worth seeing.

• .

When is Chapter 2 coming out?

You should know your rights as a patient. Good luck!! 

They can't share your letter outside of the office. It's confidentiality. It's against the law. Bullying and laughing isn't against the law. I had rude doctors too. I try to ignore them. Try to ignore them if you can.

• LilyRT

they were looking at a computer screen?  you don't know what they were laughing about.  I don't know what was in your letter, but it would have to be REALLY off the charts for it to even raise an MD's eyebrows. they hear crazy, embarrassing crap every day.

Go to a different doctor 

Nothing.  He/she may be a good doctor in spite of being a jerk at times.  Your other alternative is to find another doctor.