Do lead car battery terminals ever go bad and you can't clean them. I think I have one that can't be cleaned.?

The old-fashioned ones that you get from the auto parts store. Pure lead unpainted

Maybe the Chinese have made them so poorly they actually go bad this is the second one I can't seem to clean

• david

Ted is correct ... but also you can get a little tool at an auto parts store.  it has a part that fits over the terminal and inside is a bunch of bristles that scrape the lead making a new, better electrical connection.  The other end fits into the cable connector and scrapes the inside of it for a better connection.  There is even some spray stuff you can buy to spray on them to retard oxidation. 

I've never heard of the terminals completely going bad.  maybe a cell inside the battery has gone bad. 

• TedEx

disconnect cables, pour coke or pepsi on them, then wipe dry and reconnect.