Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 4 weeks ago

How do you tell a girl she's beautiful without coming off as a creep or someone desperate?

It always boosts my day 100 perecent whenever a girl tells me I'm attractive or look good (especially if it's a stranger), but if I say that to someone that I honestly do think is beautiful, she either snorts and continues talking, or gives me a look like I'm masturbating in public and tells me "I have a boyfriend, okay? So don't even start that"

How do you tell someone they're beautiful without them thinking you are looking for a date?

Favorite Answer

The problem is that there are men who use the "you are beautiful" ploy to soften up a girl they have sexual intentions for. So when someone else genuinely wants to give a compliment, it's been ruined by the creepy guys who really didn't mean it.

I think that if a man goes up to a woman he doesn't know and just blurts out that he thinks she's beautiful, that's a bit forward. I think most women don't mind a genuine compliment, but not right off the bat when you meet her.

Don't do that unless you want to keep experiencing what you described.

• Cas

Some people are too sensitive. If they get offended, move on.

It's such a common opening remark – a "ploy" – that almost any girl would think you were a jerk.

• NONAME

when you say it...try not to have a goofy smile on your face...i know its because you are happu....but they dont see it that way

• Carson

They would probably be more insulted if you "mooed" at them

Rather she takes ur compliment as negative is her problem. Say it as you please. Even she takes as creepy at least she knows that you think shes pretty.  Women are just afraid and have trust issues due to being raped and used by too many Jerks out there. But it should never hurt them to accept a compliment 

Don't. Just, don't. There is no reason for you to be commenting on someone else's appearance.

• .
      4 weeks agoReport

She obviously has self-esteem issues which is why she has problems accepting your complement.  I hope you're not planning on telling her this again.  This type of complement can be misinterpreted.  Don't do it.

• Mark

If that person says it first say something like "and you are, too".