Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 4 weeks ago

Is this funny or tacky?

I was at a wedding of a couple of my friends recently. They both have an unusual sense of humor. As the bride entered the back of the church, she was escorted down the aisle by her former husband. There was an audible gasp from the audience. When the minister asked who gives this woman ....... her former husband said I do.

There was applause from the audience and some laughter. The theme of the wedding was out with the old and in with the new.

Do you think that was funny or just plain tacky.

Favorite Answer

To me, I think it is very funny.

• GB

To me, the idea of a bride being  property to be handed from one  owner (usually her father) to her new owner (husband) is degrading and tacky. It's one of the reasons I chose to marry in a register office, because the ceremony did not involve being given away. 

Your friend's choice is unconventional, but very logical, as the ex is  her previous 'owner'.  And whatever reason they divorced for, they are not enemies, which is good for any children they might have.

It was tacky,but not for today,they marry this much also worried,if they haven,t done any thing,successfully!She meant by that scenery may be the voice of right has come!

• Carson

I think it's pretty cool that they can tolerate being in the same room together.