Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 4 weeks ago

Using a pseudonym for writing ?

I am making a pseudonym to make cat articles with for online use only that could be controversial. What do you think about the name “cross eyed writer”? Even though I am not cross eyed I think it is a good pseudonym and I love cross eyed Siamese cats. Thoughts?

I advise against this rash course of action. People will think you really are cross eyed and, consequently, will taunt you and make jokes based on your condition, such as "Hey, you're crosseyed" and "Crosseyed people can't write about cats so go away". You would probably find this vexing so don't do it. And, besides, you can't write for toffee. Hope this helped.

• Marli

"Cross Eyed Siamese Cat Writer" or "Cross Eyed Siamese Cat Lover"?

"Cross Eyed Writer" is fine.  Whatever pseudonym you choose is fine as long as you like it.

Are you sure your English skills are good enough to write articles?  

"I am making a pseudonym to make cat articles with for online use only that could be controversial."  could be restated as "I intend to use a pseudonym to write online articles about cats because they may be controversial."  

(Maybe MY English skills aren't up to it. The above is not one of my prized convoluted sentences.)