Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 weeks ago

How do I stop my husband from bragging?

My mom loves to joke around with my husband and he loves it when she does. One day she ask him “Is that a gun in your pocket or are you happy to see me”? He said “They do not make guns that big”. The both got a huge laugh at his answer. Another time mom ask him did he know what it takes to make a woman happy. He said “no what does it take to make a woman happy”? Mom said 10 inches. My husband said “what do I do with the other 2 inches”? They could not stop laughing for 5 minutes.

How do I stop my husband from bragging and my mom from enjoying his answers?

Favorite Answer

just ask him not to

He's not bragging.  At best he's exaggerating.

So his entire demeanor changed when he married you, he wasn't "like this" before?  How odd.

You apparently got used to mom's bad judgment, were familiar with it, and you married a male version of her.

You seem to be blaming your husband more than your mom, which is kind of puzzling.  In every example you gave, it was mom who started this.  To me, it sounds kind of innocent, but if it's truly getting on your nerves, it would be a lot more productive to tell mom to stop with the provocative questions. 

Where your husband is concerned, if you don't like his responses, fine, but what would you suggest he do instead of joking around?  Tell her she's being inappropriate?  That won't go over well.  It's very possible she's putting him in an awkward position, and he's handling it the best way he can.

Why is your mother so flagrantly flirting with your husband?

Cut off nine inches.

Sounds like the life of the party.  You're probably super boring and dude is imagining banging your mom.  Why not give him the mother + daughter combo fantasy!  It sounds like your mom wants it too.

It wouldn't take that much of a mental leap anyway.  Just dig deep into your promiscuous past to make it happen.

Good luck! 

Dear god, just be happy your mom and your husband get along so well together.  They clearly have a similar sense of humor, leave them alone.