Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 weeks ago

Are atheists piss-poor at understanding probability and statistics?

Attachment image

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

No, we are far brighter than you.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

How relentlessly fuçking stupid do you have to be to commit an idiotic statement like that to a meme? That is the worst straw man I've ever heard of.

• Tangi
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

When you have only one sample, there is no way to make a significant statistical model.

And when you already know the result of an event, the probability of that result is exactly 100%.

Tossing legos, deciding the position they fall in is the "good" one, and then concluding that someone must have arranged them that way because the odds of legos falling in the "good" position are too low for you. That's a terrible understanding of probability as well as logic.

• Ted K
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You don't understand probability and statistics any better than the idiot who came up with that stupid meme--they themselves must've been a 4-year old. 

Each toss of the Legos is NOT independent of previous tosses.  I'm sure you haven't got a clue what the implication of that is, but it totally nullifies the meme's argument.

Don't come on here pretending to be an expert in something you're not an expert in, because you're going to run into people who DO know what they're talking about, and they're gonna call you out on your bullsh!t.  You only come off as an infantile fool.

• He doesn't know what causality is and thinks computers function randomly.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Hey, dumb fuϲk anon, although everyone knows who you are, how do you think every oz of every element, above the atomic number 26, found on Earth arrived here? They arrived as star dust. Chance of all that star dust creating all those elements at the amounts they are is exponentially lower than the chance that causality created evolution.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

No - in fact, you've proven that I am great at probability.

I said, earlier on this forum, that there is a 100% chance that you will post some stupid goddam meme today, which completely misrepresents what ANY ATHEIST has ever said, because you're too stupid to do anything but create a false strawman argument to defeat.  And here you are, proving me right!!  THANK YOU!  Statistics always win!

• 4 weeks ago

Probably.              

• 4 weeks ago

No. I took a stats class in college. When you're dealing with time frames in the billions and billions of years, statistics and probabilities don't have any real meaning. Are you poor in understanding Anthropology? Anthropology demonstrates that gods are human ideas and can be traced back to the cultures who invented them.

• Brian
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Are anonymous YA 'christians' piss-poor at understanding that atheism isn't a religion, and that there's no 'atheist' logic involved in the above meme?

• 4 weeks ago

SEEMS THAT WAY.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.