What would happen if everyone refused to obey a certain law?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Lots and lots of them would get arrested, and put in jail. The courts system would gum up, and if the idea of disobeying that law spread, in the long run, we would simply vote the law out. Please see the school segregation protests, the March on Birmingham, and so forth.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

It would depend on which certain law you have in mind. Care to specify? 

• ...Show all comments
    • tizzoseddy
      Lv 6
      3 weeks agoReport

I live in the U.S.A. so I guess, for violating a law like that, fines would be issued. The constitutionality of the law would be challenged in court. It would be declared unconstitutional, and there would be an effort to vote the legislators, who enacted the law, out of office. 

• Gloria
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

They would have to build more jails to accommodate all of them.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It will become universal unlawful activity. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Crimes would keep going on, of what the missing law was. At least until the ones breaking it so much, became  the victims. 

Without GOD they are also without any  LOVE! 

• 4 weeks ago

They would change it. Hell...prohibition it was only about 70% and they had to.

• Lv 5
      4 weeks agoReport

Same thing is finally happening with weed.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

There's a saying among protesters, "They can't arrest us all!"

Basically, that would be civil disobedience, and there wouldn't be room in the jails for everybody who was breaking that particular law, so law enforcement officials would have to decide what priority to give it.

On the one hand, if they start arresting people, there's an excellent chance that the video will go viral. (And don't say there won't be a video. There's always a video.)

On the other hand, that law could be there for a good reason, which would mean that the people getting together to disobey it might be causing a real problem.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Depends upon the law. Say you J walk. If you're careful, not much will happen. But, say, it's OK to kill? What do you think would happen? You'd probably kill someone & be killed in return. OK, so let's go with stealing. Soon, everything you have of value would be gone. And those things that you stole would be stolen from you.

• 4 weeks ago

CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS....WHY IS THIS IN RELIGION?

• Daniel3 weeks agoReport

I don't know I was wondering that my self.

• 4 weeks ago

In most societies the law would change.

The law is generally playing catch up with the feelings of society.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.