Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 weeks ago

Is it possible to be good without God?

Since all gods are myths the obvious answer is yes.

Atheists help people because it's the right thing to do. The god-soaked help people because they want to get a free ticket to their magical 2nd life.

There are those who claim that God does not exist, yet they are seemingly happy and good citizens of whatever country they reside in. Because humans have been given a conscience we are able to discern right from wrong in most areas of life. I would rather be doing as Isaiah 48:17 and 18 tells me. "I, Jehovah, am your God, The One, teaching you to benefit yourself, The One guiding you in the way you should walk. If only you would actually pay attention to my commandments! Then your peace would become just like a river and your righteousness like the waves of the sea." I invite you to learn more about what the Bible teaches from the international website, www.jw.org and Bible Teachings > Online Lessons. Thank you.

• Lv 4
      4 weeks agoReport

https://www.google.com/search?q=jehovah%27s+witnesses+child+sexual+abuse&rlz=1C1APWK_enUS775US775&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjq4qGDr5znAhVGXc0KHU6ND7YQ_AUoAXoECAwQAw&biw=1215&bih=560&dpr=1.13

• Kin

No, because God is the Most Good and Most Wise, He is the one who knows the etiquette of mannerism; the right etiquette that helps towards goodness and how to walk towards His path of righteous that leads to goodness and one that helps to stay clear from the path of evil. And teaches us in His Holy Wise Quran and God doesn't like people to say evil and hopeless things on their tongue.  God is the One who guides us even if people are practicing believers and still seek guidance. And God is the One who knows what is difference between good and evil.

• “Without faith it is impossible to please God”

That means you can do millions of good deeds but if you don’t have faith it’s like you did nothing in God’s eyes. The works were not meritorious. They gained no favor with God

Believing in a god has zero to do with being good.

• Lv 4
      4 weeks agoReport

It's common sense to me and to most people I know. I'm not forcing anything on anyone. I go with my gut. That's my reality.

Is it possible for a single day to go by without some idiot thinking they're clever by posting this? I don't feel like that's asking for much...

• Paul

It is impossible to know what IS good without God, as shown by the many ungodly things godless people accept as good and normal.

No, and not even with God.

Luke 18:19 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone.

Of course.  I know some very good atheists.  

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian