Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 4 weeks ago

alternative rock/ indie/ new wave music fans : do you feel weird that you do not have vinyl record copies of your favortite bands?

is spotify better than vinyl

luckily enough vinyl records are making a come back so albums that weren't released are now being released for the first time. For the second question is spotify better than vinyl. That really depends on a persons preference, a lot of people i expect will say spotify or other streaming services are better because you don't have to worry about flipping the record over once one side has finished playing, and you can find a lot of music on spotify so you can always have a varied listening experience however in saying that vinyl enthusiasts will prefer vinyl records as they sound better than any other format.

Wanna bet? I still have 400 vinyl albums (up to 1989) Included are a few albums that were never released to CD.

I’m not a fan of really any of these but I do listen to Spotify and I have always just listened to Spotify, cause that’s what I grew up with, so no it doesn’t feel weird at all for me

• WUWR

I actually still pick up vinyls of the records that I really love. I just like collecting them and in a lot of cases I've been able to find them even for somewhat obscure acts (Dr. Dog, Wye Oak, Cymbals Eat Guitars, Herzog, etc.).

I like Spotify for the fact that I used to spend WAY more than a Spotify subscription on music. I get that the structure is problematic for artists and I really hope that gets addressed in the coming years (I did cancel Spotify over it at one point, but then a couple of artists that I like a lot responded to my asking, saying that I had their blessing), but I love being able to just dial up pretty much whatever interests me anytime. 

after CD became popular, LP record sales fell so badly that nobody made them. There was nothing weird about that.