Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 2 months ago

Best methods to cover bruises on arm and eye?

Need to cover a slightly black eye, large brown/yellow bruise on left wrist and several purple/red bruises on right wrist. 

I work in healthcare so we have to be “bare below the elbows” so I can’t use long sleeves. 

Would fake tan or foundation or concealer work best? And should I powder over the top? And should I use the same shade over all colours? 

I can buy products before work so any specific recommendations for really good coverage products would be appreciated 

Favorite Answer

Honestly you can probably do it with any full coverage foundation/concealer and setting powder. The trick is in the technique. Start by putting a little powder on the skin, then a layer of foundation, layer of powder, layer of foundation, etc. until it's gone. And make sure that you're not dragging your brush/sponge around on it or you'll probably make it clump up. Always stipple it on. I used to cover up tattoos for people this way.

Where did you get these bruises? Maybe u shouldn’t be hiding them...? If you choose to the best coverage foundation I’ve found is wet n wild. I think fake tan would be to sheer and foundation would be a better cover layer. The only tanning product that might be good coverage is sally Hansen instant legs but the cream rather than the spray on. Take care of yourself 

• Helen

Dermacol cover up foundation.