Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

Will 18-20 year olds still be allowed to USE tobacco products when trump’s bill goes into effect?

Last month he signed that tobacco 21 bill nationwide. Does that only apply to purchasing? I’m 20 and I’ve been using it for 2 years so I think it would be stupid if I just all of the sudden had to stop.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Possession and use of tobacco are regulated differently in each state. Some allow it, some don't. Some allow it in private, some don't. There are helpful websites that list such information for you.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Once and if it goes into affect, it will down to reading the law yourself so you understand if it is just about the purchase and/or also the use of it

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No. What is stupid is that it was not phased out years ago. This planet provides us with life. Air/oxygen is part of that life. You would rather destroy it. Destroy it - Destroy us. I have no sympathy for you.

• 1 month ago

The federal law requires states to pass laws raising their minimum age for tobacco purchases to 21 in order to continue receiving some federal money. So, there isn't a federal law that prohibits those under 21 from buying / using tobacco. As such, you'd have to find out what your individual state's law is and whether your state will allow previous purchases to be grandfathered in or not. It's unlikely that you'll be allowed to make new purchases, so you might need to stock up before your state's new age limit take effect.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

There are many states that do not regulate USE or possession by minors -- only sales to minors.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • don
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Ummmm...............No.What you think about it will not make it legal again.

• 1 month ago

The law can't change what you do with tobacco. It can only prevent you from buying it legally.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Your state laws may already prohibit use or possession by minors. The federal law doesn't change that.

• 1 month ago

No.

You can sashay into any convenience store and buy them without an ID because that is voter suppression.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.