Are false accusations a form of gendered discrimination or sexual harassment...?

• Foofa

That would suggest the people who do this are acting out of something other than their own emotion and mental disturbances. In most cases they're just seeking attention and therefore are thinking more about themselves than about perpetuating some kind of greater systemic issue.

• Elana

Certainly the fact that we are more prone to believing a false accusation than a legitimate denial is a form of gender discrimination on the part of the general public.

I'd also say that faking being sexually harassed, to the degree that you are knowingly impuning sexual characteristics of the falsely accused, is sexual harassment, but that's a pretty limited venue.

For the most part, this one usually falls more into non-sexual criminal behavior, similar to robbery or murder.

Would you consider killing somebody in response to them raping you as a sexual act?  I wouldn't.  I might consider it an over-reaction, but not a particularly sexual one.  On the other hand, cutting their genitals off in response to that same act (the Lorena Bobbit "defense") clearly is sexual.