Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 4 weeks ago

Should I message someone who used to stalk me?

I've been plagued with problems lately. In and out of the hospital. I really need someone right now but of course nobody cares. I'm tempted to message the man who used to messages me non-stop, call my house until my family wanted to call the law for me and showed up uninvited. I know he'll listen to me but I'm afraid I'll regret this. I need someone right now. Maybe he's changed and won't do the stalker stuff again. I honestly feel now he's the only one who ever cared or went out of the way to prove it. I just feel so alone.

No. Don't conjure up demons that you can't kill. I know how you feel about feeling lonely. Watch youtube videos/netflix films that make you smile or make you feel less alone. Listen to your favorite songs. Reach out to a close family or friend saying I just need someone to listen to me please. Why would someone who stalked you, you feel like they care? MAJOR RED FLAGS!!! 

• Helen

Not a good idea. Try the Samaritans.

no... because they used to stalk you

Find your support inside a good church don't message your old stalker!

No like I'll give it to you straight here.

The likelihood that he's changed at all is slim to none. He'll likely go back to the same behaviour. Except now he'll think it's acceptable because you reached out to him, which will make things so much harder.

I would recommend calling a hotline of some sort, or maybe finding a support group. There are groups for so many things. I would recommend looking into some and seeing if any would fit your specific needs.

I'm telling you if you reach out he will likely be the same way. He'll be happy but he won't be different. He'll fall back into stalker habits and now you'll be riddled with even more issues cause at some point you're gonna feel like you don't want him around anymore, and he's going to drive you nuts again. And he's going to show up spontaneously. And he's going to cause more problems then help.

I know someone who has been exactly in your situation, stalked and in the hospital and always wants to go back to the people who hurt them because they’re the ones who made the biggest impact on them. But they always regret going back because the guy is creepy and an idiot, especially when the guy for weeks will message them on tons of accounts and sometimes their family if they stop talking to him. Don’t go back, try to find a new friend online somewhere through forums of any of your interests. 

A friend in need is a friend indeed.  

There is an excellent chance they will be happy to hear from you and have probably 'tempered' themselves over time.  Our society and schools are not doing a good job of teaching 'people skills'. 

Judging by the tone of your question - I am not seeing a short term down side. Go for it.  I would.