promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 2 months ago

how much i have to pay for deductibles with medicare part a and b?

i want to enroll with medicare but i dont know how much i have to pay for deductibles and those things

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Medicare is for people over 65 or on permanent disability at any age. You pay $144 a month for Part B and if you have worked long enough you dont pay for Part A. So the cost depends on your income and your lifetime earnings. There is a $1400 hospital deductible under Part A and about $183 deductible for Part B as of 2019.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • A
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There is a deductible for Part A hospitalization, for  2019 it was  $1364.00 for 2020 I believe it is  1408.00   Part B has a deductiible of  $185.00 for   2019 and $ 198.00 for 2020

• KaleyK
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There are no deductibles for Part A & B.

Part A covers hospital expenses such as room, board and other inpatient services, limited stay in a skilled nursing facility, and helps cover hospice care and home-health care. You are automatically enrolled in Medicare hospital insurance, Part A, when you apply for Social Security benefits - usually when you turn 65.

Part B covers medical expenses, such as doctor's services, outpatient services and other medical supplies. It helps pay for some services Part A doesn't cover, like some occupational and physical therapy services and some home-health care. It also covers some preventive services. The premium you pay for Part B is deducted from your Social Security benefits.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.