Am I a bad person for thinking this about the LGBTQ community?

I think LGBTQ is wrong. I'll not elaborate on why. But even though I think it's wrong I would never treat anyone in the LGBTQ community differently. We are all humans and we all deserve love and respect. But I want to know if I am a bad person for thinking it's wrong in the first place?

• Tyler
    Favorite Answer

your opinion is wrong, but the fact you don't use it as a reason to treat other people poorly, shame people over it, or try to take away their rights means you're not a bad person in my book.

There is no such thing as the LGBTQ community.

• reme_1

How can you think that homosexuality is wrong but treat gay people with respect?

• Ramsay

Not at all!!!! Nothing wrong with having decency!!!!

Not as long as there are no thought police. And as long as you don't try to impose your beliefs on others by force or legislation.

Oh, no, dearheart...heheheh...you're not a bad person for thinking something. Or for believing something.  Think what you want, and don't worry about such things.  It's good that you're thinking.

Even if you're making a mistake, it doesn't make you a bad person.  Even if you later change your mind and you think your earlier way of thinking was embarrassing (and I'm not saying this is going to happen to you) but even if it did - it wouldn't make you "bad" for having thought that way in the first place.  Ideas and beliefs are all just attempts to answer questions we don't know the full truth of, anyway.  We should be brave enough to try, even if we don't get it right.  And we always have to act in accordance with the possibility that, no matter how firmly be think we know or believe, we might NOT have it right, after all.  That's why we treat other ideas and beliefs with a modicum of respect, even if we disagree with them - and why we remember to make choices for OURSELVES only, and to not presume to press our choices, ideas, opinions and beliefs on others.

You seem to have a lot of misconceptions about homosexuality.

But ..No, you are not a bad person if you think gay men deserve love and respect.

Do you think being gay is a choice?  If so, do you remember the day you decided to be straight?  That's a big decision so I have little doubt you can remember the exact date and time.  If you understand that it isn't a choice then you are saying that gay people were born "wrong".  That's harsh, bro. 

• Cogito

I wouldn't say 'bad', but irrational and ill-informed.

Would you say that it was 'wrong' to be left-handed?  Or red-haired?  Or green-eyed?

People are born left-handed, red-haired and green-eyed - they don't choose to be, they're a minority, but there's nothing wrong with those people.  They're just normal, natural variations.

It's the same with homosexuality.  It occurs in loads of animal and bird species as well as in humans.  Some species have asexual individuals, some have neuter ones, some have bisexual ones, hermaphrodite (intersex) ones, and some can change gender once or even many times.  They're all perfectly 'normal' and natural.  They certainly aren't 'wrong'.

If you think homosexuality is wrong because it says so in the Bible, you have to remember that it was written by men, who had their own agendas, beliefs, prejudices and preferences.  They cannot be taken seriously.

Being LGBT is a congenital condition. (developed before birth) Science is finding more evidence for it, every day. Therefore, it is not a sin, which is an outmoded concept.

• Elisabeth
      4 weeks agoReport

And what evidence did they find today, Frostfire?