Smoke dream.  ?

I dreamt I smell smoke. I woke a little and still smell it. When I open my eyes the smell of smoke gone. 

Are you sure there isn’t a fire? I would check again if I was you

Ongoing .    12 years of smelling smoke and going back go ghe start

We're very sensitive to the odor of smoke. It's important to react very fast, and it's better to have some false alerts than missing a real one.

This explains why it was the first idea of your brain while awaking. To analyze this kind of odor is a very important task.

As you don't have this dream always, it can also point to something else. Maybe those time your feel also an alert feeling in your intimate life. You're ready to detect slight disturbance, maybe because you're afraid of more important ones.

Sometimes a dream lingers in the imagination for a few seconds, even as we transition into a waking state of mind.  This is what happened to you.  One can dream with their eyes wide open also, as in the case of sleepwalking.  So just as long as the place where you live was not on fire, you can accept this as quite normal!

Usually, the smoke is dreamed by people, who have respiratory problems. But more often, the smoke symbolizes the consequences of any actions done in the past.

The smoke that swirls around you forebodes problems with colleagues who intrigue against you. The smoke says that there has been a mutual misunderstanding among you for a long time. Even if the smoke that swirls around is white, it promises a number of groundless anxiety and worries. Dark smoke mixed with fumes is an omen that soon a run of bad luck will appear in your life.

If the smoke annoys you in a dream, Miller’s dream book says that it is a herald of the possible scandal and disappointment in others. If you like it - that promises wealth and fame; if you got stink out with smoke, it tells that you will suffer from disease which will be treated fast.

Your eye lids were on fire.