Nyja asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 3 weeks ago

Will my insurance cover my surgery?

I recently was diagnosed with gallstones and was told that I would have to get them removed with surgery. I had medicaid last year but I was rejected this year because I got a new job that makes more money. I qualified for special enrollment and I managed to get insurance on my own. My coverage starts next month and I wanted to have my surgery in March. I was wondering would they cover my surgery or at least help with it since I got insurance for my surgery. I am going to continue having insurance and paying every month regardless if they do or not.

I mean medicare not medicaid

Nevermind I was right the first time

• Eva
    Favorite Answer

You'll have to look at the policy, but they'll probably cover some of it. You'll have to see what your deductible and co-pays are and then work with the doctor and hospital to set up a payment plan for anything you may owe.

Why would Medicaid pay when you don't have it and don't qualify?  Your insurance will cover it -  read your policy to know more about it.  There will be an annual deductible.  Only you have access to "your" policy so we don't know what that will be.

They will cover some of it...assuming you meet your deductible.  There are no pre-existing condition exclusions on most policies...almost unheard of at this point for employer sponsored plans. 

• Scott

How would we know what your insurance covers?

Yes.   The Affordable Care Act made it illegal not to cover pre-existing conditions.  

You will still owe your deductible before coverage kicks in and any other costs such as your coinsurance percentage or copay. 

I think you mean medicaid not medicare.

Medicare is for senior citizens and permanently disabled.  It is not related to income.

Medicaid is related to income.

If your surgery is medically necessary, then the surgery will be covered minus any deductible and other non covered costs.